The Rayleigh Arms Privacy & Security Statement
The Rayleigh Arms values you as our guest and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices in connection with information that we collect through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Statement, and through your communications with us when you visit as a guest our restaurant. By providing Personal and Other Information to us, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you. We may collect Personal Information such as:
- Name, gender, home address, telephone number and email address, your business title, date and place of birth, nationality.
- Guest reservation information, including the restaurants that you have visited, date of reservation, goods and services purchased, special requests made, information and observations about your service preferences (including table requests, amenities requested, ages of children or any other aspects of the Services used);
- Credit and debit card number;
- The Rayleigh Arms newsletter information, online user accounts details, profile or password details. If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers about the Services (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Our Online Services: We may collect Personal Information when you make a reservation or otherwise purchase goods and services from us, communicate with us via online chat services, inform us of any special requests or preferences you may have, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest, or promotional offer.
- Through Our Offline Services: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you visit one of our properties, make a reservation over the phone or in person.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide the services you request, such as to facilitate reservations, send confirmations or pre-arrival messages, to assist you with meetings, events or celebrations, and provide you with other information requested.
- To complete and fulfil your reservation, for example, to process your payment.
- To send you administrative information, marketing communications, promotional offers, periodic customer
satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention
(including using closed circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information:
If you would like to review, correct, update or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us at hello@therayleigharms co.uk or: The Rayleigh Arms. Owls Hill, Terling, Essex
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information deleted from our database, or other limitations you would like
to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. To Opt Out of our monthly newsletter please click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on our websites. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.